Primary Pet Care Services near Gaithersburg, Maryland
Worried your dog has fleas? Think your cat may have an eye infection? Before your imagination gets the best of you, schedule a primary pet care appointment with the experts at Germantown Vet. If you’re looking for a trusted veterinarian close to home, Germantown Vet provides a variety of pet care services for dogs, cats, and pocket pets in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
Common Pet Care Services near Gaithersburg
Our convenient Germantown location is easily accessible from Gaithersburg, and our services include, but are not limited to, treatment for:
- Allergies – Allergies in the Gaithersburg area are notorious for causing many unpleasant symptoms. If you notice your pet sneezing more than usual, he could have an allergy to something in your home or environment. Call Germantown Vet for help determine your pet’s allergies.
- Arthritis – Is your pet moving a little slower than usual? It could be arthritis or another joint disorder. If you live in Gaithersburg, Germantown Vet can help you get to the source of the pain your pet is experiencing and discuss treatment options with you.
- Behavioral Disorders – Does your pet get anxious when you leave your Gaithersburg home or act aggressively towards guests? Schedule an appointment with Germantown Vet to see if your pet’s behavior indicates an underlying medical condition.
- Digestive Disorders – Whether your pet has a stomach virus, bacterial infection, or food allergy, Germantown Vet can provide the appropriate diagnosis and treatment.
- Ear Diseases – Ear infections and other disease can significantly impact your pet’s health and quality of life. If you suspect your dog or cat has an ear infection, we can help.
- Eye Diseases – Eye infections, cataracts, lens stiffness, and glaucoma can all contribute to vision impairments and, when not treated, can eventually lead to blindness. Schedule an appointment with us to learn more about common eye infections and how to prevent them.
- Itchy Skin – Whether it’s dermatitis, dandruff, or another condition, we can conduct a thorough analysis of your pet’s skin and fur. Sometimes illnesses initially manifest themselves on an animal’s skin, so it’s important to get frequent checkups.
- Parasites – Parasite infections include tapeworms, heartworms, hook worms, ear mites, fleas and Lyme disease. Parasites can lead to blood disorders like anemia, if not treated, so bring your dog or cat to our facility near Gaithersburg for regular visits and checkups.
Other Pet Care Services near Gaithersburg
In addition to the conditions listed above, Germantown Vet provides the following services:
- Treatment for Blood Diseases – Besides anemia, many cats and dogs develop leukemia and other cancers of the blood later in life. Blood diseases can have significant effects on other organs and health systems, so don’t hesitate to call us with any concerns.
- Euthanasia Services – We know it’s a difficult decision to part with your pet, and we are here to help. Call Germantown Vet for counseling and advice.
- Geriatric Medicine – Germantown Vet provides a variety of senior pet care services for cats and dogs. From nutrition to exercise and medication, we work to give your pet the most optimal quality of life even during his older years.
- Pain Management – During the end of your pet’s life, you want him to be as comfortable as possible. If you’re seeking pain management for this or any other reason, contact Germantown Vet.
- Spays and Neuters – It’s important to have a trusted veterinary professional spay or neuter your pet. For more information about this pet care service near Gaithersburg, talk to one of our experts.
Germantown Vet has over 29 years of experience providing pet care services for cats, dogs, and pocket pets in the Gaithersburg, Maryland area. Schedule an appointment with us today to discuss your pet’s health care needs in the Gaithersburg area.