It’s hard to sit by and watch your pet suffer in pain because of an injury or chronic disease. You have several options for managing your pet’s pain, but before you assume painkillers and surgery are your only choices, consider everything K-Laser therapy has to offer!
Yes, it’s true: there’s a drug-free, surgery-free way to manage your pet’s pain. It’s called K-Laser therapy, and there are plenty of benefits to choosing it as a pain management treatment option for your pet.
What Is K-Laser Therapy?
K-Laser is a Class IV therapeutic laser that uses red and near-infrared wavelengths of light to penetrate your pet’s skin. The photochemical reaction between the laser light and the animal’s cells creates a therapeutic effect, increasing cellular function, repairing damaged tissues, and offering pain relief. All this is possible without drugs, surgery, or painful treatment sessions!
How Can K-Laser Therapy Manage Pain in Pets?
The Class IV laser is ideal for treating a wide variety of ailments, from joint pain and digestive disorders to respiratory-related conditions and gum disease. Even bone fractures, snake bites, and other injuries and accidents heal faster with the help of laser therapy. This treatment is effective against so many different conditions because it increases circulation, reduces inflammation, and accelerates tissue healing.
Benefits of K-Laser Treatment for Managing Your Pet’s Pain
As you explore different options for pet pain management, you should certainly consider K-Laser therapy. The benefits speak for themselves:
- Pharmaceutical-free treatment: If your pet can’t tolerate pain medications, or drugs no longer provide enough relief, consider laser treatment as the top drug-free option for your dog or cat’s pain.
- Surgery-free treatment: Operations are risky, and it can take days or even weeks for your pet to recover. In fact, K-Laser therapy is a treatment option to help pets recover from surgery. Also, since no incisions are required to perform laser therapy, your pet doesn’t need to be shaved.
- Quick treatment: Each site receiving treatment takes two to eight minutes to complete, and multiple sites can be treated in a single visit. Acute conditions may only need treatment over two consecutive days, while chronic pain treatments usually begin with two to three treatments per week. Sessions taper down to once a week or less after about a month, and your pet’s pain maintenance schedule could involve ongoing once-a-month treatments.
- Fast results: For animals with chronic pain, expect to see signs of greater comfort and mobility within just 12 to 24 hours of the first laser treatment. The full effects appear after just three to eight sessions.
- No sedation or restraint required: You can rest assured that laser therapy isn’t painful for your pet. In fact, the laser creates a pleasant, warm feeling at the treatment site. This often provides immediate pain relief for animals who have suffered for so long.
- Laser therapy complements other treatments: Use it alone or in conjunction with physical therapy, massage, chiropractic care, soft tissue mobilization, or electrotherapy. These alternative healing options can increase the effectiveness of laser therapy.
- Few side effects: After more than 20 years of use by vets around the world, very few adverse effects have ever been reported. On occasion, old injuries become aggravated for a short time as the healing response kicks in, but this fades in time.
- Affordable: Surgery can easily cost thousands of dollars, depending on the ailment your pet has. In comparison, K-Laser therapy is only a couple hundred dollars for the first round of treatment, which might be all your pet needs to return to a pain-free life.
Visit Germantown Vet Clinic for K-Laser Treatment in Montgomery County
Ready to learn whether K-Laser therapy can treat your pet’s pain? Contact Germantown Vet online, call us at 240-252-7467, or visit our office in Montgomery County for an initial visit and treatment overview.