Treatment for Cat Arthritis in the Germantown, MD Area
Arthritis is a degenerative disease that affects one or more joints in the body, and it tends to be more common in middle-aged, senior, and overweight cats. This disease can be incredibly painful for your pet, but it can be difficult to detect. So how do you know if it’s cat arthritis that is ailing your four-legged friend? Your cat can’t explain what’s wrong with him, so it’s up to you to notice when your pet is exhibiting symptoms of arthritis and bring him into our animal hospital for a diagnosis and treatment plan.
Schedule an appointment today if you believe your pet has cat arthritis—simply call Germantown Vet at (301) 972-9730.
Cat Arthritis Symptoms
When it comes to managing cat arthritis, the earlier it is detected and diagnosed, the earlier the treatment and pain management plan can begin for your pet. The signs of cat arthritis that you should be looking out for include:
- Favoring a limb
- Difficulty sitting or standing
- Sleeping more
- Weight gain
- Appearing to have stiff or sore joints
- Hesitancy to run, jump, or climb stairs
- Decreased activity levels
- Less interest in playing
- Attitude or behavioral changes
- Less alert
- Going to the bathroom outside the litter box
- Lack of grooming resulting in unkempt fur
If your cat is exhibiting any of these symptoms for more than two weeks, schedule an appointment with Germantown Vet right away. The best thing you can do for your pet is to have cat arthritis diagnosed early.
Pet Wellness PlansWhen you sign up, your pet will receive top-rated care
through every stage of life.
Cat Arthritis Treatment
When it comes to cat arthritis, there are a number of treatments that are available, and they can be combined to create the perfect pain management plan for your pet. Some treatments include:
- Prescription pain-relieving medications – only to be prescribed by a veterinarian, these medications can help ease your cat’s joint pain.
- Class 4 therapeutic laser treatment – a cutting edge treatment proven to reduce pain and inflammation while speeding your cat’s healing process—all without the use of drugs.
- Veterinary-grade nutraceuticals – these are used to improve the health of your pet’s joints and increase mobility.
- Veterinary acupuncture – this ancient form of medicine can help alleviate pain for your pet.
In order to create a complete cat arthritis treatment plan for your pet, you’ll need to schedule an appointment at our animal hospital. Our vets will need to perform a full examination in order to diagnose and assess your cat’s health.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
When it comes to your pet’s health and wellbeing, there’s nothing more important than an early diagnosis for cat arthritis! Bring your pet into Germantown Vet today for a complete examination. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.
Appointments are filling up fast! Schedule today!
*Extractions and antibiotics are additional if necessary.
Most Trusted Animal Hospital
Bethesda | Clarksburg | Frederick | Gaithersburg | Germantown | Potomac | Rockville | Silver Spring
Bethesda | Clarksburg | Frederick
Gaithersburg | Germantown | Potomac
Rockville | Silver Spring