Animal Hospital in Germantown, MD
Adopting a new dog or cat is an exciting time, and you need the right medical team on your side to help with this transition. Germantown Vet offers the services of a full-service animal hospital.
Whether you’re adopting your first puppy or kitten and want to start them off right or you’re taking in a senior pet who needs end-of-life care, we’re here for you every step of the way. We also stock the supplies and food you need to support your pet’s ultimate health.
For all your pet care needs, count on Germantown Vet. Call (240) 252-7467 to schedule an appointment.
Pet Checkups, Primary Care, and General Wellness Appointments
Pet wellness care is at the heart of what our hospital offers. You can bring your pet to us for:
- Pet checkups
- General wellness checks
- Pet nutrition and diet
- Preventative pet care
- Primary care
- Services for new pet owners
- Weight management services
- Flea & tick prevention
- End-of-life pet services
- Senior pet care
Our caring veterinarians will ensure your pet has all the necessary care to live a healthy life, and that starts with checking for routine wellness.
Schedule a wellness check or checkup today by contacting Germantown Vet.
Pet Wellness PlansWhen you sign up, your pet will receive top-rated care
through every stage of life.
Diagnostic and Surgical Services
In addition to helping with general wellness, our veterinary team can diagnose and treat a wide range of illnesses and injuries. We also offer surgery on-site, so your pet can get the treatment they need as quickly as possible.
Our diagnostic and surgical services include:
- Spaying and neutering
- Veterinary surgery
- Laboratory testing
- Diagnostic imaging and veterinary x-rays
- Pet arthritis
- Pet allergies
- Heart disease in pets
- Pet parasite treatment
- Pet worms treatment
Contact our team for help with these diagnostic and surgical concerns.
Additional Veterinary Services
In addition to these, we also offer:
Reducing Stress for Your Rescued Pet
In addition to taking care of medical needs with the help of Germantown Vet, there are steps you can take to reduce stress for a shelter pet at home. Some tips from our veterinary team include:
- Stock up on the right supplies: Visit our hospital to get healthy food and have plenty of water dishes, toys, and comfortable places to sleep.
- Consider behavioral training: Many shelter pets have behavioral quirks. Practice training to help them feel safe and comfortable in your home.
- Ease your pet into being alone: Shelter pets are rarely alone, and yours might feel frightened at first. Try to ease into longer and longer periods of alone time before leaving your pet all day.
- Give your pet time to adjust: It takes time to adjust when a new shelter pet comes home, so give your pet a few weeks of low-key family life.
Germantown Vet is here to help every step of the way. We recommend scheduling an appointment within the first six weeks of your adoption to plan for vaccinations, spaying and neutering, and other preventative services with our veterinary team.
Most Trusted Animal Hospital
Bethesda | Clarksburg | Frederick | Gaithersburg | Germantown | Potomac | Rockville | Silver Spring
Bethesda | Clarksburg | Frederick
Gaithersburg | Germantown | Potomac
Rockville | Silver Spring