Dog Training in Montgomery County, MD
Who says you can’t teach an old dog new tricks? At Germantown Vet, we believe all dogs—no matter their age—can benefit from basic obedience training. In our dog training classes in Montgomery County, MD, we cover everything from basic doggy skills and good citizenship to specific behavioral problems and more!
Sign your four-legged friend up for dog training in Germantown, MD today by calling 240-252-7467240-252-7467!
About Our Dog Training Classes
No matter what your dog’s obedience level, our talented trainer, Paula, can help get you and your pet get on the right track. During our basic dog training classes, we’ll cover things such as:
- Choosing commands for your dog
- Walking on a loose leash
- Coming when called
- Laying down
- Disciplining correctly and effectively
- And more!
If you have specific concerns about your pet, such as socialization, behavior, or manners, we can customize our dog training classes to suit you and your pet! By working with our trainer, you will learn how to encourage appropriate behavior and develop a relationship of mutual respect and trust between you and your dog.
Why Is Dog Training So Important for Your Pet?
A trained dog is a happy dog. Not only will training give your dog a purpose and a task, it also lets your dog do the one thing he or she wants to do most: make you happy. Most dogs thrive on pleasing their humans, and training gives them the perfect opportunity to do this.
There are a lot of benefits to dog training, including:
- Safety – the most important aspect of dog training is probably safety. Not only is a trained dog safer when walking on a leash and around other dogs, he or she can be much safer in their environment as well. For instance, if your dog got loose in the yard and was about to run across a busy street, being able to yell “No! Sit!” and have your dog’s butt hit the ground could be life-saving.
- Purpose – most dogs want a fulfilling and rewarding job or task to perform, and training is a great opportunity to provide this. It gives both you and your dog something to work on together.
- Quality of life – not only is your dog happier when he or she is making you happy, having a task and confidence in his or her environment can greatly improve your pet’s quality of life.
Sign Up for a Dog Training Class Today!
Whether your dog is a puppy school dropout or just in need of some basic manners, our dog training classes are perfect for you. Contact us today to sign up for your first class and get started!
And don’t forget, we also offer puppy training »