Get your new pup started on the right paw by enrolling him or her in puppy training classes at Germantown Vet! Whether you need a little extra help housebreaking your rambunctious furball or you want to set the groundwork for obedience training, our talented trainer, Paula, is here to help!
Sign up for puppy training classes in Germantown, MD today by calling 240-252-7467240-252-7467!
About Our Puppy Training Classes
Puppies can learn very quickly with the right instruction and guidance, and the early training you give your dog can be a good precedent for the rest of his or her life. During our puppy training classes, we’ll cover things like:
- Choosing commands for your dog
- Walking on a loose leash
- Coming when called
- Laying down
- Disciplining correctly and effectively
- And more!
In addition to the basic obedience training, we can work on housebreaking, socialization, and more! We can also offer tons of helpful tips and advice for first-time dog owners for getting their pup off to a good start.
The Importance of Puppy Training
A trained dog is a happy dog. Not only will training give your pup a purpose and a task, it also lets your dog do the one thing he or she wants to do most: make you happy. Most dogs thrive on pleasing their humans, and training gives them the perfect opportunity to do this.
There are a lot of benefits to puppy training, including:
- Safety – the most important aspect of training your puppy is safety. Not only is a trained dog safer when walking on a leash and around other dogs, he or she can be much safer in their environment as well. For instance, if your puppy got loose in the yard and was about to run across a busy street, being able to yell “No! Sit!” and have your doggy’s butt hit the ground could be life-saving.
- Purpose – most dogs want a fulfilling and rewarding job or task to perform, and training is a great opportunity to provide this. It gives both you and your dog something to work on together.
- Quality of life – not only is your dog happier when he or she is making you happy, having a task and confidence in his or her environment can greatly improve your pet’s quality of life.
Why Your Friends & Neighbors Choose Germantown Vet
Since 1983, your friends and neighbors have trusted us with all their pet’s health needs, from puppy training to end-of-life care and everything in between. Our highly trained and experienced staff of veterinarians and technicians treats all of our patients like family because we’re all pet owners, too. As a family-owned and operated business, we know the value of good customer service and quality care, and we aim to give that to each and every one of our customers.
Although we are located in Germantown, MD, we get puppy students from all over Maryland, including Gaithersburg, Rockville, Urbana, Damascus, and more!
Learn more about Germantown Vet »
Sign Up for a Puppy Training Class Today!
Puppy training is the perfect way to get your dog started off on the right paw—and at Germantown Vet, we know how to help you master housebreaking, sitting, staying, and more. Contact us today to sign up for your first class and get started!