Pet Boarding FAQs
Germantown Vet Clinic offers pet boarding in Germantown, Maryland. Before you schedule your dog or cat’s next stay at our pet resort, brush up on the answers to these frequently asked questions.
What vaccines are required to board my dog or cat?
To ensure no animal staying at our pet resort endangers the health of another, we require all dogs and cats to be up-to-date on all flea and tick medications and have all the necessary vaccines.
Vaccines Needed for Dogs:
- Canine Influenza H3N8
- (We also recommend but don’t require Canine Influenza H3N2)
Vaccines Needed for Cats:
- FELV (required for both indoor and outdoor cats)
- (We also test indoor and outdoor cats for FELV/FIV before permitting them to be boarded)
What items should I bring when I board my pet?
To ensure a good experience for your pet, we encourage you to bring the following when you board your pet with us:
- Your dog or cat’s usual food
- All medications in marked vials with instructions for administering them
- A small toy or blanket from home (we also supply clean pet bedding)
Remember to label all items you bring to our pet resort with your pet’s name and the family surname.
Will my dog have room to play?
We provide plenty of play opportunities for all dogs that stay with us. This includes access to:
- A private, climate-controlled dog run where your pet can run and play without exposure to extreme temperatures or pests
- An indoor playroom where dogs can cuddle with our wonderful pet boarding staff or run around and burn off some extra energy
- A fenced-in outdoor play area with astroturf on days when the weather is nice
- Private walks in a safe, expansive area free of mud or uncomfortable gravel
My pet gets anxious. Do animals share enclosures?
No. The animals boarding with us each get their own private enclosure. Group playtime and socialization is available for the animals that enjoy it, but we don’t force dogs or cats to participate if they show signs of being uncomfortable. If your pet has special needs in this regard, please let us know.
Can I schedule a bath for my pet during his or her stay?
Yes! In fact, we offer complimentary baths to all dogs that board with us for a week or longer. If your pet’s stay is shorter than a week, don’t fret – you can still request a bath for a small fee.
What happens if my pet has a medical emergency while staying with you?
Because our pet resort is located in an animal hospital, our facility is well-equipped to meet the medical needs of your dog or cat. For just $5 per stay, we cover up to $300 in medical care for all pets ages 10 years and younger. This coverage lasts for three days after you return home with your pet. With this peace of mind, you can rest assured that your pet’s health is our top priority during his or her stay with us.
How do I schedule pet boarding with Germantown Vet Clinic?
Contact us online or call our Germantown, Maryland pet boarding facility at 240-252-7467 to learn more about our services or to schedule your pet’s next stay with us.