Veterinary Clinic in Damascus, MD
There’s no denying that your pets are part of the family. So, you want to be sure they receive top-quality care that will keep them happy and healthy. Germantown Vet is the best place for all your pet’s veterinary needs. At our state-of-the-art facilities, you can rest assured that there’s no safer place for your pet than our professionals’ care.
Our Veterinary Services in Damascus
While smaller clinics can only provide basic pet care, Germantown Vet can provide your pet with any medical services they need. Our extensive list of services covers:
- Animal dentistry
- Veterinary surgery
- Neutering and spaying
- Behavioral problems
- Heart disease
- Pet arthritis
- Pet vaccination
- Pet checkups
- General wellness checks
- Pet nutrition and diet
- Preventative pet care
- Primary care
- Services for new pet owners
- Weight management services
- Flea & tick prevention
- End-of-life pet services
- Senior pet care
- And more
No matter the ailment, your pet will be in good hands. In addition to dogs and cats, we provide top-of-the-line treatment for pocket pets such as rabbits, ferrets, hamsters, and more.
Pet Wellness PlansWhen you sign up, your pet will receive top-rated care
through every stage of life.
Common Signs Your Pet Needs a Trip to the Vet
Like people, pets are multifaceted with their own personalities, quirks, and unique behaviors. Despite their perceived individuality, and regardless of species, there are a few signs to look out for when it comes to monitoring and maintaining your pet’s health, such as:
- Odd eating habits
- Unusual discoloration or discharge of the eyes
- Sudden weight loss/loss of appetite
- Bloody or abnormal stool
- Hair loss
- Frequent sneezing or wheezing
If your pet is presenting one or more of these signs, call (301) 972-9730 for emergency vet care services in Damascus.
New Customer? Save Time by Pre-Registering Now!
Ways To Keep Your Pet Healthy Between Visits
It’s recommended to schedule routine checkups for most pets once every year. But while you’re between visits, there are measures you can take to keep your pet happy and healthy. These include:
- Vaccinations: Getting all the necessary vaccines for your pet greatly reduces the risk of contracting diseases.
- Neutering/spaying: Pets that are fixed live 40% longer, on average, than those that aren’t. Neutering or spaying your pet can also reduce reproductive-related complications.
- Dental care: Cats and dogs are more prone to dental health conditions than humans, so it’s crucial to keep up with their dental hygiene.
- Parasite/flea control: Ticks, fleas, and other parasites can carry disease, in addition to causing discomfort for your pet. Scheduling routine prevention is key to keeping parasites off your pet.
Why Choose Germantown Vet?
As a family-owned and -operated business, we’ve helped countless pet owners get the veterinary services they need. For over 35 years, we’ve delivered the highest quality pet care this side of Maryland.
When you come to Germantown Vet, we guarantee we’ll stop at nothing to ensure your pet gets the best treatment, round-the-clock attention, and unparalleled comfort.
Appointments are filling up fast! Schedule today!
*Extractions and antibiotics are additional if necessary.
Most Trusted Animal Hospital
Bethesda | Clarksburg | Frederick | Gaithersburg | Germantown | Potomac | Rockville | Silver Spring
Bethesda | Clarksburg | Frederick
Gaithersburg | Germantown | Potomac
Rockville | Silver Spring